Lívia Troglio Stumpf joined the Firm in 2014. She integrates the tax practice group, with focus on controversy and dispute resolution. Mrs. Lívia Troglio Stumpf has a wide breadth of experience in Tax Law, Civil Procedural Law, foreign trade and tax classification.
Awards and Recognitions
Lívia Troglio Stumpf received her Bachelor of Law degree with honors and is recognized in the tax law category by LACCA, Análise Advocacia Mulher 2021 and The Legal 500. She received “market praise” by Latin Lawyer 250, edition 2023.
She graduated from Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) with a degree in Law, and also holds a master’s degree in Tax law from the same university.
Author/co-author of several books/articles, such as:
- Boa – fé objetiva na obrigação tributária; Revista Tributaria e de Finanças Públicas; v. 101; 2011;
- Contribuições ao estudo das imunidades tributárias residuais na Constituição Federal de 1988; In: Luiz Felipe Silveira Difini. (Org.); Imunidades Tributárias e Direitos Fundamentais; Porto Alegre: Livraria do Advogado; 2010;
- Ação coletiva e a Súmula nº 1 do CARF; Jota; 2019;
- Importações indiretas e seus efeitos fiscais e aduaneiros; Jota; 2019;
- Contribuições previdenciárias sobre bolsas de estudo; Jota; 2019;
- O princípio da colaboração na execução; Revista Dialética de Direito Processual; v. 106; 2012;
- Efeitos amplificados às decisões no controle concreto de constitucionalidade: o novo papel do Supremo Tribunal Federal na guarda da Constituição. Revista brasileira de estudos constitucionais; v. 18; 2011;
- Considerações sobre o Princípio da Eficiência Administrativa; Revista Brasileira de Direito Administrativo e Regulatório; v. IV; 2011.
Representative matters and clients
- Representing industrial clients before Judicial and Administrative Courts, especially in discussions on the concept of inputs for the purposes of PIS and COFINS credits; determining the basis for calculating of these contributions; tax benefits; offsets of excise tax, income tax and social contribution on profit credits; and tax classification of goods.
Portuguese, English, Italian and Spanish
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]
Recognition: The Legal 500 Latin America 2024
Once again, our Firm has been featured in The Legal 500, one of the leading international directories focusing on legal research, involving the participation of clients and important market players. In the 2024 edition, we were recognized in 26 categories and had 61 lawyers mentioned. We had a total of 84 individual recognitions, 25 of […]