Partner and head of Trench Rossi Watanabe’s transactional practice areas, Daniel represents shareholders, issuers, financial institutions and investors in a variety of operations, including mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt public offerings involving enterprises from different sectors of the economy. He became partner in 2019.
Specialized in Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Law and Capital Markets.
News, Events and Publications
– Speaker at the First Annual Institute on “Current Developments in Latin American Cross-Border Securities Transactions” on the topic “Developments in SEC and CVM Regulations for Easing Issuer Market Access”, promoted by the Practicing Law Institute, São Paulo, Brazil, September 2013
– “Sociedade de Economia Mista e Mercado de Capitais”, Temas de Direito Bancário e do Mercado de Capitais, Organizadores Prof. Luiz Leonardo Cantidiano e Igor Muniz, Rio de Janeiro: Renovar, 2014.
– “Diferenças entre Companhias Abertas e Fechadas”, Guia de Acesso ao Mercado de Capitais para Companhias Brasileiras, Coordenadores Marcelo Siqueira e etc., Rio de Janeiro: RR Donnlley, 2014. – Since 2019, Daniel has been ranked by the British publication Chambers and Partners as leading individual lawyer (Band 1) in Capital Markets in Brazil.
– Since 2019, Daniel has been ranked by the British publication Chambers and Partners as leading individual lawyer (Band 1) in Capital Markets in Brazil.
Professional Associations and Memberships
– Admitted since 1996 by the Brazilian Bar Association, currently enrolled within the Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Distrito Federal Sections. – Admitted since 2001 by New York State Bar Association.
Professional Associations and Memberships
– Admitted since 1996 by the Brazilian Bar Association, currently enrolled within the Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Distrito Federal Sections.
– Admitted since 2001 by New York State Bar Association.
Bachelor degree granted in 1995 by the Law School of Universidade Federal of Rio de Janeiro. Fullbright Fellowship to attend the specialization course “Foundations of American Law and Legal Education” at the Law School da Georgetown University in 1997. Master (LL.M.) degree granted by Harvard Law School in 1999 (focused on Corporate Law). Specialization certificate on Executive Education from Harvard Law School on the matter of “Leadership in Law Firms”, 2013.
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]
Recognition: Leaders League 2024 — Transactions and Deals
The Leaders League, an important international publication in the legal and financial markets, has released the results of the first cycle of the 2024 edition called Transactions and Deals. We have been recognized in 19 practices (two more than last year) and have had 30 lawyers recognized (compared to 22 last year), several of them […]
Recognition: Chambers Brazil — Transactional 2023
The results of the Chambers Brazil Transactional Guide 2023 have been released. Our transactional team was recognized in the following categories: Capital Markets; Corporate/M&A: The Elite; Environmental, Social and Governance; Tax Non-Contentious: The Elite; and Venture Capital. We also had 12 individual rankings for partners Adriana Stamato, Anna Mello, Clarissa Machado, Daniel Facó, Eduardo Herszkowicz, […]
Recognition: The Legal 500 Latin America 2024
Once again, our Firm has been featured in The Legal 500, one of the leading international directories focusing on legal research, involving the participation of clients and important market players. In the 2024 edition, we were recognized in 26 categories and had 61 lawyers mentioned. We had a total of 84 individual recognitions, 25 of […]
Federal Senate approves the final text of the Legal Framework for Cryptoassets
In brief On November 29, 2022, the Plenary of the Federal Senate approved the final text of the Bill of Law (in Portuguese: Projeto de Lei – “PL”) No. 4,401/2021 (former PL No. 2,303/2015) in which the Deputy Expedito Netto (Brazilian Democratic Party-Rondônia) is the rapporteur. Currently, PL No. 4.401/2021 is in the processing final stage, which […]