Expertise: Capital Markets (Debt and Equity), Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions
+55 11 3048 6904
OAB SP - Nº 198027
Partner and head of Trench Rossi Watanabe’s transactional practice areas, Daniel represents shareholders, issuers, financial institutions and investors in a variety of operations, including mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt public offerings involving enterprises from different sectors of the economy. He became partner in 2019.
Specialized in Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Law and Capital Markets.
News, Events and Publications
– Speaker at the First Annual Institute on “Current Developments in Latin American Cross-Border Securities Transactions” on the topic “Developments in SEC and CVM Regulations for Easing Issuer Market Access”, promoted by the Practicing Law Institute, São Paulo, Brazil, September 2013
– “Sociedade de Economia Mista e Mercado de Capitais”, Temas de Direito Bancário e do Mercado de Capitais, Organizadores Prof. Luiz Leonardo Cantidiano e Igor Muniz, Rio de Janeiro: Renovar, 2014.
– “Diferenças entre Companhias Abertas e Fechadas”, Guia de Acesso ao Mercado de Capitais para Companhias Brasileiras, Coordenadores Marcelo Siqueira e etc., Rio de Janeiro: RR Donnlley, 2014. – Since 2019, Daniel has been ranked by the British publication Chambers and Partners as leading individual lawyer (Band 1) in Capital Markets in Brazil.
– Since 2019, Daniel has been ranked by the British publication Chambers and Partners as leading individual lawyer (Band 1) in Capital Markets in Brazil.
Professional Associations and Memberships
– Admitted since 1996 by the Brazilian Bar Association, currently enrolled within the Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Distrito Federal Sections. – Admitted since 2001 by New York State Bar Association.
Professional Associations and Memberships
– Admitted since 1996 by the Brazilian Bar Association, currently enrolled within the Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Distrito Federal Sections.
– Admitted since 2001 by New York State Bar Association.
Bachelor degree granted in 1995 by the Law School of Universidade Federal of Rio de Janeiro. Fullbright Fellowship to attend the specialization course “Foundations of American Law and Legal Education” at the Law School da Georgetown University in 1997. Master (LL.M.) degree granted by Harvard Law School in 1999 (focused on Corporate Law). Specialization certificate on Executive Education from Harvard Law School on the matter of “Leadership in Law Firms”, 2013.
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]
Federal Senate approves the final text of the Legal Framework for Cryptoassets
In brief On November 29, 2022, the Plenary of the Federal Senate approved the final text of the Bill of Law (in Portuguese: Projeto de Lei – “PL”) No. 4,401/2021 (former PL No. 2,303/2015) in which the Deputy Expedito Netto (Brazilian Democratic Party-Rondônia) is the rapporteur. Currently, PL No. 4.401/2021 is in the processing final stage, which […]
Brazil: Published Brazilian Securites Commission’s guidance opinion on Cryptoassets and the Securities Market
In brief The Brazilian Securities Commission (“CVM”) published on October 11, 2022 the Guidance Opinion No 40 (“Opinion”), consolidating its understanding of the rules applicable to cryptoassets classified as securities. In a nutshell, the Opinion aims at clarifying the scope of action and the means through which CVM shall exercise its powers to regulate, supervise […]
The Provisional Measure which Extinguished the Obligation to Make the Publications Required by the Brazilian Corporations’ Law in Newspapers is no Longer Effective
Since last Tuesday, December 3, 2019, the Provisional Measure No. 892 ofAugust 5, 2019 (“PM 892/19“) is no longer effective. Enacted on August 6, 2019, the PM 892/19 was rejected by the congress’ preliminary commission and was not voted in the plenary sessions of the Congress. In view of the expiration of the term of […]
Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission regulates new form of publication for Publicly-Held Companies, pursuant to the Provisional Measure 892, which amended article 289 of the Brazilian corporate Law
The Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission (“CVM”) issued yesterday, on September 30, 2019, the CVM Resolution 829 (“Resolution 829”), which set forth a new procedure for publicly-held companies to publish the documents required by Law 6,404, of December 15, 1976, as amended (“Brazilian Corporate Law”) and CVM regulations, in consonance with the new wording of […]