Evaristo Lucena joined the Firm in 2020 and became partner in 2022. He integrates the Transactional practice group, with focus on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and capital markets. Lucena often represents issuers, shareholders, financial institutions and investors, both nationals and foreigners, in a variety of transactions involving structuring, registration and listing of companies with regulatory agencies and stock exchanges in Brazil and abroad, and M&As of publicly-listed companies in non-regulated and regulated segments.
He has worked in Ablfs McKfnzif New York and Toronto as part of the equity capital markets and M&A teams.
Lucena graduated in law from the Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais and has a LL.M. (cum laude) from Duke University in the United States.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Admitted to practice law by the Ordem de Advogados do Brasil (SP), the NY State Bar and the Law Society of Ontario.
Representative matters and clients
Since joining the firm in 2020, Lucena has advised:
- Grupo SBF S.A. (“Centauro”) in its subsequent public offering of shares (follow-on) in the amount of R$900 million, as well as in the acquisition of Nike’s retail (online and brick & mortar) and wholesale businesses in Brazil for approximately R$1 billion;
- d1000 Varejo Farma Participações, owner of the Rosário drugstore chain located in the State of Goiás and the Federal District, among other chains located in the State of Rio de Janeiro, in its R$400 million initial public offering of shares;
- RWEST PI Bras Limited and DBO Energia S. A., in the context of the restructuring and contribution of operational assets that enabled the initial public offering of 3R Petroleum Óleo e Gas S.A., in the amount of R$690 million;
- the underwriters in the initial public offering of shares issued by Boa Safra Sementes S.A., in the amount of R$460 million;
- a Fortune 500 technology company listed in the NYSE in its acquisitions and venture capital investments in Brazil;
- ZEG Energia Renovável in the sale of a solar energy project located in the State of Ceará to Cúbico Sustainable Investments Spain, S.L.
Portuguese and English
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]
CVM approves, at national level, the international standard on the disclosure of financial information related to sustainability
In brief Following the release of the inaugural standards of the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) — IFRS S1 and IFRS S2 — the CVM released the first delivery of what it calls the CVM’s Sustainable Finance Action Plan: CVM Resolution 193, which deals with the preparation and disclosure by publicly traded companies, securitization companies […]
Recognition: Leaders League 2024 — Transactions and Deals
The Leaders League, an important international publication in the legal and financial markets, has released the results of the first cycle of the 2024 edition called Transactions and Deals. We have been recognized in 19 practices (two more than last year) and have had 30 lawyers recognized (compared to 22 last year), several of them […]
Recognition: Chambers Brazil — Transactional 2023
The results of the Chambers Brazil Transactional Guide 2023 have been released. Our transactional team was recognized in the following categories: Capital Markets; Corporate/M&A: The Elite; Environmental, Social and Governance; Tax Non-Contentious: The Elite; and Venture Capital. We also had 12 individual rankings for partners Adriana Stamato, Anna Mello, Clarissa Machado, Daniel Facó, Eduardo Herszkowicz, […]
Brazil: Presidential Decree establishes the Brazilian Central Bank as the regulatory authority of virtual assets
In brief On June 14, 2023, the Presidential Decree No. 11,563 of June 13, 2023 (Decree No. 11,563/23) was published in the Official Gazette of the Federal Executive, regulating the Federal Law No. 14,478 of December 21, 2022 (Federal Law No. 14,478/23), which consists in the denominated “Legal Framework of Virtual Assets” in Brazil. In […]