Gabriela Bezerra Fischer joined the Firm in 2013. She integrates EMI Public Law and Oil & Gas practice group with focus on the Oil & Gas area. Ms. Gabriela Bezerra Fischer has great expertise in Administrative and Regulatory Law, Corporate and Contractual Law being specialized in the Oil & Gas sector.
Gabriela assists both oil companies and services providers in a wide range of regulatory and transactional matters involved in the Oil & Gas industry. Gabriela is specialized in typical Oil & Gas industry contracts and transactions, including Joint Operating Agreement, Farm Out Agreement, Crude Oil Sales Agreement, among others.
Gabriela also assists clients participating in Oil & Gas bidding rounds promoted by the National Oil and Gas Agency – ANP, as well as assignment processes before the ANP for the acquisition of participating interest in Oil & Gas assets in Brazil. Gabriela renders consulting services in the various topics related to administrative and regulatory law, focused on the regulation of the oil & gas sector.
She graduated from Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro with a degree in Law and from Fundação Getúlio Vargas with a postgraduation in Public Law and Regulatory.
Portuguese and English
Representative matters and clients
– Represented an Asian Oil Company in the acquisition of four blocks in Barreirinhas basin, offshore Brazil, representing the client`s first investment in Latin America;
– Represents and assists several clients in Oil & Gas bidding rounds promoted by ANP;
– Represented a drilling contractor in all aspects of the start-up of its operations in Brazil, including corporate and contractual matters, financing and import of the rig, which was the first of its kind working alongside of the Tension Leg Platform offshore Brazil;
– Participated in the team that worked in the independent internal investigation conducted by a major Brazilian company in the context of Car Wash Operation;
– Assisted one of the world`s largest oilfield services companies in putting together suggestions for the development of the Oil & Gas sector in Brazil to be submitted to the appreciation of the National Council of Energy Policy (CNPE);
– Assisted Brazilian government-owned company in drafting model of oil sales agreement, to be used for the marketing of the Federal Government`s portion of the oil produced in the pre-salt under the production sharing regime;
– Worked as a secondee of the Firm in one of the world`s largest oilfield services companies to assist in reviewing Oil & Gas industry goods and service contracts for Brazil and Latin America;
– Worked as a secondee of the Firm in a major IOC assisting in negotiating and drafting agreements for research and development of new technologies to the Oil & Gas industry.
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]
The ANP publishes the tender protocol and the form of the concession agreement for the 17th Bidding Round
Last Tuesday (July 27, 2021), the National Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels Agency – ANP published the tender protocol and the form of the concession agreement for the 17th Bidding Round of oil and gas exploration and production blocks. The public session for submission of bids is scheduled to occur on October 7, 2021, and […]
Hydrogen in Brazil – Current State of Play and Outlook
On May 17, 2021, the Brazilian National Council for Energy Policy (“CNPE”) published Resolution No. 6/2021 determing that the Minister of Mines and Energy, together with the Ministries of Science, Technology and Innovations and Regional Development, propose to CNPE, within sixty days, the guidelines for the National Hydrogen Program. The guidelines are expected to provide […]
New Gas Law
House of Representatives rejects the amendments proposed by the Senate and approves the new gas law, which will now be subject to final presidential approval On March 17, 2021, the House of Representatives rejected the amendments proposed by the Senate and approved Bill of Law No. 4,476/2020 (updated number of Bill of Law No. 6,407/2013) […]
ANP Resolutions n. 815 and 816, dated April 20, 2020
On April 20, 2020, the National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (“ANP”) published Resolutions n. 815/2020 and 816/2020, which provides for new proceedings applicable to the exploration and production of petroleum and natural gas during the COVID-19 pandemic as detailed below. Resolution n. 815/2020 Resolution n. 815/2020 allows the parties in E&P […]