Gledson Marques de Campos joined the Firm in 1998 and became a partner in 2012. He is a civil and commercial litigation and advisory lawyer, with experience in matters involving Contract Law, Commercial Law and recovery, bankruptcy and insolvency. He is the partner responsible for recovery, bankruptcy and insolvency within litigation, working in the multidisciplinary group of Debt Recovery and Restructuring. He has a wide breadth of experience in highly complex litigation cases, including arbitration and mediation, consultations and pre-litigation.
Awards and Recognitions
Gledson has been recognized for his work by the main legal directories such as The Legal 500, Análise Advocacia 500 and Leaders League.
Gledson is graduated from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo with a degree in Law. He holds a master’s degree and a doctorate degree from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo in Civil Procedural Law, a master’s degree from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo in Civil Law and a master’s degree (LLM) from London School of Economics and Political Science.
Activities outside the office
Gledson is a frequent speaker in subjects involving judicial recovery and Civil Law and Civil Procedural Law. He was a professor at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas (FMU) in Civil Law for students of 1st, 2nd and 7th semester.
Author/co-author of several books/articles, such as:
– Comentários ao Código de Processo Civil pela Editora Saraiva. Book. (co-author) ;
– Comentários ao Código de Processo Civil pela Editora Almedina. Book (co-author);
– “A sentença liminar de improcedência, os requisitos para que seja proferida e os limites da apelação interposta contra ela”, article in Revista Dialética de Direito Processual, v. 46, p. 46-54;
– “Execução de obrigações específicas previstas em sentença arbitral”, article in Revista Brasileira de Arbitragem, v. 12, p. 31-42;
– “O novo art. 518 do CPC e a polêmica em torno da súmula impeditiva de recursos. Lei 11.276” article in Revista Dialética de Direito Processual, v.49, p. 45-53;
– “A exceção de pré-executividade subsiste à Lei 11.382/06?”, article in Revista Dialética de Direito Processual, v. 54, p. 69-77;
– “Os novos embargos à execução e o exercício do direito de retenção para benfeitorias.” Article in Revista de Processo 153, p. 119-132;
– “Ação autônoma de execução para entrega de coisa (artigos 621 a 631 to CPC).” In: Mirna Cianci; Rita Quartieri (Org.). Temas atuais da execução civil: estudos em homenagem ao Professor Donaldo Armelin. São Paulo: Saraiva, 2007, p. 253-286;
– “Concurso especial de credores: aspectos processuais e materiais.” in: Gilberto Gomes Buschi; Sérgio Shimura (Org.). Execução Civil e Cumprimento da sentença. São Paulo: Método, 2007, v., p. 261-272;
– “O novo art. 615-A e a fraude de Execução” in Revista Dialética de Direito Processual, v. 60, p. 53-62;
– “Tutela inibitória: da garantia constitucional à sua efetivação”. In: Mirna Cianci; Rita Quartieri (Org.). Temas atuais da tutela diferenciada: estudos em homenagem ao Professor Donaldo Armelin. São Paulo: Saraiva, 2009, p. 319-338;
– Chapter about Financial Services Disputes in Get the Deal Through 2018, 2019 and 2020;
– Chapter about Securities Litigation in Get the Deal Through 2018 and 2019.
Spanish and English
Representative matters and clients
Gledson works in highly complex litigation cases, having represented clients sucha as Accenture, Biotronik, Bridgestone, Dow Corning, HSBC AMRO, Libbs, Mapfre, Toyota, Votorantim, among others.
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]
Brazil signs the Singapore Convention on Mediation
On June 4, 2021, Brazil signed the Singapore Convention on Mediation (the “Singapore Convention”), which provides a uniform framework for settlement agreements put in writing resulting from mediations entered in one of the contracting states. Under the Singapore Convention, a party can enforce such settlement agreements in the courts of any contracting state, provided that […]
Important decision issued by the State Court of São Paulo on enforcement of guarantees granted on behalf of companies under judicial reorganization
The State Court of Appeals of São Paulo has recently decided that creditors cannot try to collect amounts from the guarantors of a company that is under judicial reorganization. Until then, that Court understood that guarantees could not be reduced or released based on the filing of judicial reorganization lawsuits, unless the creditor who held […]
COVID-19 | STAY OF DEADLINES IN THE JUDICIARY
During the session held this afternoon, the National Council of Justice (“CNJ”) approved Resolution no. 313 which, among other things, established an extraordinary on-call regime in the Judiciary and determined to stay all judicial procedural deadlines until April 30, 2020. According to the Resolution, the uncertainty arising out of non-uniform measures from different local courts […]