Lara Schwartzmann became a partner in 2011. She worked for the London office of Ablfs & McKfnzif in 2008. Her in depth experience in the corporate and transactional areas has been repeatedly recognized by important publications, such as the Legal 500. Lara Schwartzmann represents the Firm before the Brazilian Association of Listed Companies – ABRASCA and the Brazilian Private Equity & Venture Capital Association – ABVCAP. She is the author of several articles and speaker in several seminars in her areas of expertise.
Specialist in mergers and acquisitions, including of publicly-traded companies, joint venture transactions, corporate restructuring, public offers, organization of private equity funds, among other transactions related to the corporate, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and capital market areas. Strong practice in the life sciences industry and representative of the firm in this industry group.
News, Events and Publications
– Speaker in several seminars and events, including events organized by the Brazilian Private Equity & Venture Capital Association – ABVCAP.
– Co-author of the article “Unique Fund Structures Open Brazil to Global Investors”, published on “Private Equity International”, March 2011 Edition.
– Co-author of the article New Rules for Tender Offers by Controlling Shareholders,published on “Latin American Law and Business Report”, Volume 10, Number 09, September 30, 2002, World Trade Executive, Inc.
– Co-author of the article Pressuposto Corporativo da Venda de Ativos de uma Sociedade Comercial por Quotas de Responsabilidade Limitada (Corporate Prerequisites for the Sale of Assets of a Limited Liability Quota Company), published on “Revista de Direito Mercantil, Industrial, Econômico e Financeiro” (Magazine of Business, Industrial, Economic and Financial Law), Volume 123, July-September 2001’s Edition, Malheiros Editores – São Paulo, Brazil. The article was also published in “Recht der Internationalen Wirtschaft”, July 2002 Edition, Verlag Recht und Wirtschaft – Heidelberg, Germany. – Contribution to several other articles published on the specialized press.
Professional Associations and Memberships
– Brazilian Association of Listed Companies (ABRASCA).
– Brazilian – Association of Private Equity & Venture Capital (ABVCAP)
– Law School of New York University (Master in Corporations – LLM) (2004).
– Law School of Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (Master in Business Law) (2001).
– Law School of Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (Graduated) (1999).
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]
The Provisional Measure which Extinguished the Obligation to Make the Publications Required by the Brazilian Corporations’ Law in Newspapers is no Longer Effective
Since last Tuesday, December 3, 2019, the Provisional Measure No. 892 ofAugust 5, 2019 (“PM 892/19“) is no longer effective. Enacted on August 6, 2019, the PM 892/19 was rejected by the congress’ preliminary commission and was not voted in the plenary sessions of the Congress. In view of the expiration of the term of […]
Changes in the Publication Requirements Applicable to Privatelyheld Corporations
In view of the changes made by the Government Act (Medida Provisória) 892, of August 5, 2019 in the Brazilian Corporations Act (Law 6,404/76) providing that an act by the Ministry of the Economy would set forth rules for the publication and disclosure of corporate acts of privately-held corporations, to replace the requirement of publication […]