Silvia Bernardino de Gouveia joined the Firm in 2012. She integrates the Corporate & Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions, Contracts practice group, with focus on M&A. Silvia has a wide breadth of experience in the Corporate Law, especially M&A, with participation in high profile local and multijurisdictional projects, including reorganization.
She worked in the Brazilian Embassy office in Washington DC as a lawyer in International Law.
Awards and Recognitions
Silvia has been recognized by LACCA as leading business lawyer in Brazil in corporate and M&A.
She graduated from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo with a degree in Law and has an LLM degree in Corporate and M&A from Cornell University in the United States of America. She was a fellow student in International Business Law at the University of the Incarnate Word in the United States of America.
Activities outside the office
Silvia is a member of the Brazilian International Trade Scholars (ABCI), the Chamber of Commerce Brazil- Canada and the Chamber of Commerce Brazil-Japan.
Author of several books/articles, such as:
– Legal Aspects of Investing in Brazil;
– Diversidade e Inclusão: Um dos Pilares do Sucesso Empresarial;
– Oportunidades em Distressed M&A.
Portuguese, English and Spanish
Representative matters and clients
– Interaxa Group in the sale to Mutant Group of companies in Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Colombia and Argentina, in which all the projects were coordinated in Brazil;
– Canadian Solar in the sale of Pirapora Solar Projects in Brazil to Omega;
– Canadian Solar in the Sale of Salgueiro, Jaíba, Francisco and Lavras projects to Nebras Power;
– Chery in the formation of joint venture with CAOA group;
– Toshiba Corporation in the sale of Toshiba América do Sul to Fram Capital;
– Paul Hartmann Group in the acquisition of Bace Heathcare;
– UBM as purchaser in several deals including of Hospitalar Feiras e Congressos;
– Genus in the acquisition of Genetiporc;
– Kodak in the sale of the DI and PI businesses to its pension plan;
– ABC Group in the acquisition of EvoW12;
– Quest Group in the formation of a joint venture in Brazil with Labet;
– Lightsource BP in the corporate matters in Brazil and in M&A deals;
– Multijurisdictional reorganization of JC Control, Nielsen, Hitachi and others.
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]