Andrea Brick joined the firm in October 1998 and became partner in 2011. She is part of the Dispute Resolution team and leads the practice in Rio de Janeiro and Porto Alegre. Andrea Brick is experienced in corporate litigation, representing leading companies in the telecommunication, entertainment, mining, and oil &gas areas. She has experience in lawsuits involving environmental and consumer issues, including class actions. She works in intellectual property cases, with experience in copyrights, unfair competition issues and trademark violation. Andrea Brick acts on arbitrations and she is experienced in mediation, including international mediations. She also assist clients in pre-litigation matters and contractual analysis.
Awards and Recognitions
Andrea has been recognized as a leading litigator by the main legal rankings such as Chambers Latin America, Leaders League as “Highly Recommended”, LACCA APPROVED, The Legal 500, Análise Advocacia, among others.
Andrea Zoghbi Brick graduated from the Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro with a degree in Law. In 2002, she attended the 39th Academy of American and International Law, in Dallas, Texas.
Representative matters and clients
– Represented a leading consulting company in the outsourcing field in a lawsuit involving alleged violation of know-how, unfair competition and violation of contractual obligations;
– Represented companies in the oil and gas and automotive fields in litigations involving environmental damages, in individual and collective claims;
– Represented companies in the construction area in lawsuits involving breach of contract;
– Represented Oil and Gas Company in a leading case in Brazil related to the arbitrability of arbitration clause inserted in concession agreements;
– Represented an entertainment company in several lawsuits related to the legality of online sale of tickets and the charge of convenience fees for such sale;
– Represented an entertainment company in several lawsuits related to payment of copyrights;
– Assisted several clients in different segments in drafting and negotiating different types of agreements, such as agency/distribution agreements, purchase and sale agreements, assignment of rights agreements, license, franchising and copyright contracts, among others.
Brazil signs the Singapore Convention on Mediation
On June 4, 2021, Brazil signed the Singapore Convention on Mediation (the “Singapore Convention”), which provides a uniform framework for settlement agreements put in writing resulting from mediations entered in one of the contracting states. Under the Singapore Convention, a party can enforce such settlement agreements in the courts of any contracting state, provided that […]