Andrea Brick joined the firm in October 1998 working with the Dispute Resolution Practice Group and became partner on 2011. Between the years of 2007 and 2009, she was a member of the Arbitration Commission of the Brazilian Bar Association – Rio de Janeiro Section. She has written articles and given speeches on a wide range of litigation matters, including corporate litigation, corporate crisis management and product safety/liability. Andrea has been recognized as a leading litigator by Chambers Latin America, Leaders League, LACCA APPROVED, among others.
Andrea Brick acts in civil and commercial litigation, and also provides consulting in contractual matters and in pre-litigation issues. She has experience in lawsuits involving environmental issues, enterteinment, and consumer cases. She works in intellectual property cases, with experience in copyrights, unfair competition issues, trademark and patent violation. Her experience includes cases grounded in civil liability and in breach of contracts. Andrea Brick acts in important arbitrations and has experience in mediation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a consulting company in the outsourcing field in a lawsuit involving alleged violation of know-how, unfair competition and violation of contractual obligations.
- Represented companies in the oil and gas and automotive fields in litigations involving environmental damages, in individual and collective claims.
- Represented companies in the construction area in lawsuits involving breach of contract.
- Represented Oil and Gas Company in arbitration proceedings.
- Represented a company in the shipping and logistic area in litigations involving trademark violation.
- Represented a company of the entertainment field in litigations involving payment of author’s rights.
- Assisted several clients in different segments in drafting and negotiating different types of agreements, such as agency/distribution agreements, purchase and sale agreements, assignment of rights agreements, license, franchising and copyright contracts, among others.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Member of the Brazilian Bar Association. In 2010, she became a member of the Commission for Studies in Civil Procedure issues of the Brazilian Bar Association – Rio de Janeiro Section.
Brazilian Bar Association (1997)
OAB RJ - Nº 94630
She graduated in 1997 from the Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro Law School. In 2002, she attended the 39th Academy of American and International Law, in Dallas, Texas.