Giovani Bruno Tomasoni joined the Firm in 2008 and became partner of the Environment, Consumer and Sustainability practice group in 2020. He practices with focus on Environment, Public Law, Energy, Forestry, and helps clients in the internalization of concepts such as sustainability, ESG, circular economy, environmental compliance, among others.
He worked in the NGO Minority Rights (London) in 2008 in the construction of the campaign ‘A show of hands’ about the impacts of climate change on world minorities.
Awards and Recognitions
Giovani Bruno Tomasoni has been recognized for his work in the environmental field by the main legal directories such as Chambers Latin America as “Associates to watch”, The Legal 500 as “Rising Star”, LACCA and Análise Advocacia in the environmental and oil & gas fields.
He graduated from Faculdade de Direito de São Bernardo do Campo with a degree in Law and from Pontifícia Unviersidade Católica São Paulo with specialization in Public Law. He also holds a master’s degree in Environmental Law from Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
Representative matters and clients
– Advising clients of the electronic sector in risk assessments connected to the implementation of new regulations, product liability matters, circular economy and EPR schemes.
– General advisory on the environmental field for industries such as Braskem, Bridgestone, Yara, Eaton, Mahle, Navistar, Parker, Merch, among others.
– Advising mining clients in addressing operational and licensing non-compliance matters.
– Assisting clients in the mining and oil & gas fields in climate change projects, REDD+ and sustainability.
– Participation in transactions of relevant energy projects to assess material risks connected to environmental matters.
– Assisting clients in legal due diligences and environmental compliance reviews.
– Risk assessments connected to the Biodiversity Law.
– Representing clients (specially multinational industries) in negotiations and definition of strategy to the case in collective contaminations such as CBB (Pará), Natureza (Santa Catarina), Mantovani (Sâo Paulo), Recobem (Paraná), among others.
– Advising one of the major national mining groups in socioeconomic matters connected to the presence of alleged traditional communities in areas of the company.
– Advising Plastivida and Braskem in matters connected to circular economy, design thinking and EPR schemes of packages and plastic.
– Advising Yamaha and Pepsico in take-back requirements matters.
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]
Amendments made to Federal Decree that provides for environmental sanctioning procedures
In brief Federal Decree No. 11,080/2022 was published on 24 May, amending Federal Decree No. 6,514/2008, which deals with infractions and administrative sanctions for conduct and activities harmful to the environment. More details Decree No. 11,080/2022 sought to update controversial points of Decree No. 6,514/2008 and other IBAMA rules, in addition to bringing updates on […]
Federal Decree sets up the National System for Reduction of Emissions of greenhouse Gases (SINARE) and the Sectoral Plans for Climate Change Mitigation
In brief On 19 May 2022, Federal Decree No. 11,075/2022 was published, establishing the National System for Reduction of Emissions of Effect Gases (SINARE) and establishing the procedure for developing the Sectoral Plans for Climate Change Mitigation. More details The Decree states important definitions, which are as follows:(i) Carbon credit: a financial, environmental and transferable […]
PROCON -SP creates “Verified Company” and “Efficiency” stamps
In brief The Foundation for Consumer Protection and Defense of the State of São Paulo – PROCON/SP issued Normative Ordinances No. 054 and 055, published on 24 March 2022, creating the “Verified Company” and “Efficiency” stamps. More details According to Ordinance No. 54, the “Verified Company” stamp aims to inform consumers that the supplier is […]
Brazil: Government implements zero methane program and federal strategy encouraging the sustainable use of biogas and biomethane
In brief On 22 March 2022, Federal Decree No. 11,003/2022 setting up the Federal Strategy to Encourage the Sustainable Use of Biogas and Biomethane (“Federal Strategy”) was published. That same day, MMA Directive No. 71/2022, establishing the National Program for the Reduction of Methane Emissions (“Zero Methane Program”) in support of the commitments that Brazil […]