Giovani Bruno Tomasoni joined the Firm in 2008 and became partner of the Environment, Consumer and Sustainability practice group in 2020. He practices with focus on Environment, Public Law, Energy, Forestry, and helps clients in the internalization of concepts such as sustainability, ESG, circular economy, environmental compliance, among others.
He worked in the NGO Minority Rights (London) in 2008 in the construction of the campaign ‘A show of hands’ about the impacts of climate change on world minorities.
Awards and Recognitions
Giovani Bruno Tomasoni has been recognized for his work in the environmental field by the main legal directories such as Chambers Latin America as “Associates to watch”, The Legal 500 as “Rising Star”, LACCA and Análise Advocacia in the environmental and oil & gas fields.
He graduated from Faculdade de Direito de São Bernardo do Campo with a degree in Law and from Pontifícia Unviersidade Católica São Paulo with specialization in Public Law. He also holds a master’s degree in Environmental Law from Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
Representative matters and clients
– Advising clients of the electronic sector in risk assessments connected to the implementation of new regulations, product liability matters, circular economy and EPR schemes.
– General advisory on the environmental field for industries such as Braskem, Bridgestone, Yara, Eaton, Mahle, Navistar, Parker, Merch, among others.
– Advising mining clients in addressing operational and licensing non-compliance matters.
– Assisting clients in the mining and oil & gas fields in climate change projects, REDD+ and sustainability.
– Participation in transactions of relevant energy projects to assess material risks connected to environmental matters.
– Assisting clients in legal due diligences and environmental compliance reviews.
– Risk assessments connected to the Biodiversity Law.
– Representing clients (specially multinational industries) in negotiations and definition of strategy to the case in collective contaminations such as CBB (Pará), Natureza (Santa Catarina), Mantovani (Sâo Paulo), Recobem (Paraná), among others.
– Advising one of the major national mining groups in socioeconomic matters connected to the presence of alleged traditional communities in areas of the company.
– Advising Plastivida and Braskem in matters connected to circular economy, design thinking and EPR schemes of packages and plastic.
– Advising Yamaha and Pepsico in take-back requirements matters.
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]
Recognition: Leaders League 2024 — Transactions and Deals
The Leaders League, an important international publication in the legal and financial markets, has released the results of the first cycle of the 2024 edition called Transactions and Deals. We have been recognized in 19 practices (two more than last year) and have had 30 lawyers recognized (compared to 22 last year), several of them […]
Recognition: Chambers Brazil — Transactional 2023
The results of the Chambers Brazil Transactional Guide 2023 have been released. Our transactional team was recognized in the following categories: Capital Markets; Corporate/M&A: The Elite; Environmental, Social and Governance; Tax Non-Contentious: The Elite; and Venture Capital. We also had 12 individual rankings for partners Adriana Stamato, Anna Mello, Clarissa Machado, Daniel Facó, Eduardo Herszkowicz, […]
Recognition: The Legal 500 Latin America 2024
Once again, our Firm has been featured in The Legal 500, one of the leading international directories focusing on legal research, involving the participation of clients and important market players. In the 2024 edition, we were recognized in 26 categories and had 61 lawyers mentioned. We had a total of 84 individual recognitions, 25 of […]
Five federal decrees on climate change enacted by the federal government
In brief On 5 June 2023, Federal Decree Nos. 11,546, 11,547, 11,548, 11,549, and 11,550 were enacted, setting forth provisions related to climate change. More details DecreeNo. 11.550/2023 establishes the Interministerial Committee on Climate Change (CIM). The CIM will be the institutional instrument responsible for defining guidelines and deliberating on the country’s strategies within the scope […]