João Miguel Fassina Damous joined the corporate, M&A and transactions practice group of the Firm in 2018, having first joined the Firm in 2014, in the compliance & governance practice group. He is focused on corporate and transactional practice, specializing in corporate governance, planning and coordination of corporate reorganization, due diligence and preparation, negotiation and review of agreements, under the scope of mergers & acquisition projects and operational agreements. Miguel is also experienced in implementation of compliance programs and internal investigations connected to the FCPA – Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other national and foreign compliance laws. Miguel is also experienced in criminal investigation and preparation of background checks, as well as piracy prevention and IP protection measures.
He graduated from Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro – UFRJ with a degree in Law.
Activities outside the office
Miguel also acted as monitor in the M&A course coordinated by the Corporate Law Commission (CODE) of the Brazilian Bar Association (OAB-RJ)’s School of Law Practice (ESA), in 2018.
Portuguese and English
Representative matters and clients
– Participation in a variety of M&A projects connected to industries such as technology, hospitality, entertainment, oil and gas, with national and international clients;
– Coordination of the contractual review area of a large multinational company in the business of frozen food;
– Participation in the cross-border independent investigation conducted for the Brazilian national oil company Petrobras in connection with the Car Wash Operation, including expressive action in data collection and processing in various jurisdictions;
– Participation in internal investigations for Brazilian and foreign companies in various industries involved in corruption scandals with relevant Brazilian politicians;
– Participation in internal investigations to Brazilian and foreign entities connected to internal fraud and public tender procedures.
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]