Leticia Ribeiro C. de Figueiredo joined the Firm in 1998, as a corporate trainee, and became partner in 2013. Until July 2003, she was primarily involved in M&A and Corporate Law, with experience in national and international M&A projects and corporate restructurings. From July 2003 on, she has been working exclusively in the Labor Law practice group.
She has a wide breadth of experience with strategic litigation cases and relevant consultancy in individual and collective matters (i.e. restructuring, equity pay, PDVs – voluntary resignation program, PLRs – participation in profits or results, alteration of compensation plans and benefits), including national and international projects. Additionally, she works with collective bargaining agreements.
Awards and Recognitions
Leticia has been recognized for her work in the Labor area by the main legal directories such as Latin Lawyer 250, The Legal 500, Leaders League and Análise Advocacia 500.
She graduated from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo with a degree in Law and specialized in Labor Law from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo. She also has an extension course in Corporate Law from Fundação Getúlio Vargas de São Paulo.
Author/co-author of several books/articles, such as:
– “The maintenance of jobs post COVID 19 pandemic”, Consultor Jurídico (Conjur), 2020. Available at https://www.conjur.com.br/2020-mai-02/leticia-ribeiro-manutencao-empregos-alem-pandemia.
– “Back to work after the quarantine”, Estadão, 2020. Available at https://politica.estadao.com.br/blogs/fausto-macedo/retomada-de-atividades-presenciais-apos-o-fim-da-quarentena/
– “Six months of the labor reform, in practice”, Migalhas, 2020. Available at https://www.migalhas.com.br/dePeso/16,MI281226,71043-Seis+meses+da+reforma+trabalhista+na+pratica
– “Outsourcing and legal/constitutional aspects”, Estadão, 2020. Available at https://politica.estadao.com.br/blogs/fausto-macedo/a-constitucionalidade-da-terceirizacao-e-a-seguranca-juridica/
– “The premium payment provided in the labor reform: parameters and real effectiveness”, Estadão, 2019. Available at https://politica.estadao.com.br/blogs/fausto-macedo/o-premio-da-reforma-trabalhista-parametros-e-real-efetividade/ (co-author)
– “Employees with cancer trigger discussion between the superior labor court”, Estadão, 2020. Available at https://politica.estadao.com.br/blogs/fausto-macedo/empregados-com-cancer-geram-discussao-no-tst/
– “Brazilian Employment Reform in Debate”, published by LTr. (co-author)
– “Brazilian Employment Outlook”, Bloomberg BNA nas edições de 2016, 2017 e 2018. Available at https://www.bloombergindustry.com/.
– “O assédio processual na Justiça do Trabalho”, Revista do TRT, 2017. Available at https://juslaboris.tst.jus.br/handle/20.500.12178/170515?show=full (co-author)
– “The Brazilian Labor Reform”, Bloomberg BNA, 2017.
– “Planos de saúde: o impasse entre as Justiças comum e do Trabalho”, 2016 (co-author).Available at https://noticias.uol.com.br/opiniao/coluna/2016/11/06/planos-de-saude-o-impasse-entre-as-justicas-comum-e-do-trabalho.htm
Representative matters and clients
– Represents several multinational companies in different sectors, handling their employment needs in the Americas (every Latin American jurisdiction and Canada), as well as Europe.
– Performed a very complex comparative study for multinational companies in different sectors regarding the return to work post-pandemic, which involved over 30 countries all over the world.
– Represented a large airline company with the implementation of various legal measures to deal with the reduction in their business activities as a result of COVID-19, including collective negotiation, suspension of employment agreements and reduction of pay.
– Represented a large airline company in an unprecedented dispute before the Brazilian Superior Court regarding the cumulative payment of hazardous conditions of work allowance and dangerous conditions of work allowances. The case was of paramount importance for the client, as it affected it at a large scale. But, it is also worth noting that this discussion had been ongoing for many years and affected several other employers in Brazil across different industries.
– Represented a major global technology company before the labour court in a sensitive case involving outsourced content reviewers. The case was extremely relevant and sensitive for the client, but also because they may set a precedent for other similar cases that are often being discussed in national courts.
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]
Federal Senate approved Executive Order 1.108/22
Subsequent to the approval by the House of Representatives, the Federal Senate approved yesterday (August 03rd, 2022) the Conversion Law Project (PLV) 21/2022 arising from Executive Order No. 1,108/22 (“EO”), which contains several provisions regarding remote work and payment of meal allowance. Among the main matters addressed, the text brings a new definition for teleworking, […]
The Provisional Measure 1,116 and Decree 11,061
In brief On May 5, 2022, was published the Provisional Measure 1,116, that implemented the “Programa Emprega + Mulheres e Jovens”, a program to insert and maintain women and young people in the labor market, as well as the Decree 11,061, which provides for the right to professionalization of under age and young people through […]
Interministerial Ordinance MTP/MS n.17, of March 22, 2022 – Published on 04/01/1022 – Amends Annex I of Ordinance 20, which deals with measures to prevent, control and mitigate the risks of transmission of Covid-19 in the work environment
In brief On 01.04.2022, the Interministerial Ordinance MTP/MS n.17 was published, changing the measures to prevent, control and mitigate the risks of transmission of Covid-19, in the work environment, provided for in Annex I, of the Ordinance of June 20, 2020. In summary, the new Ordinance updates the previously provided measures and guidelines regarding the […]
The newly issued Executive Orders # 1,108/2022 and 1,109/2022
Executive Orders numbers 1108 and 1109 were published on March 28, 2022. They generally address the following aspects: (i) alternative measures impacting employment relationships; (ii) emergency program for job and income maintenance, referred to locally as the “BEM Program”, to assist in the combat of the social and economic adverse consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic; […]