Leticia Ribeiro C. de Figueiredo joined the Firm in 1998, as a corporate trainee, and became partner in 2013. Until July 2003, she was primarily involved in M&A and Corporate Law, with experience in national and international M&A projects and corporate restructurings. From July 2003 on, she has been working exclusively in the Labor Law practice group.
She has a wide breadth of experience with strategic litigation cases and relevant consultancy in individual and collective matters (i.e. restructuring, equity pay, PDVs - voluntary resignation program, PLRs - participation in profits or results, alteration of compensation plans and benefits), including national and international projects. Additionally, she works with collective bargaining agreements.
Awards and Recognitions
Leticia has been recognized for her work in the Labor area by the main legal directories such as Latin Lawyer 250, The Legal 500, Leaders League and Análise Advocacia 500.
She graduated from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo with a degree in Law and specialized in Labor Law from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo. She also has an extension course in Corporate Law from Fundação Getúlio Vargas de São Paulo.
Author/co-author of several books/articles, such as:
- "The maintenance of jobs post COVID 19 pandemic", Consultor Jurídico (Conjur), 2020. Available at https://www.conjur.com.br/2020-mai-02/leticia-ribeiro-manutencao-empregos-alem-pandemia.
- "Back to work after the quarantine", Estadão, 2020. Available at https://politica.estadao.com.br/blogs/fausto-macedo/retomada-de-atividades-presenciais-apos-o-fim-da-quarentena/
- "Six months of the labor reform, in practice", Migalhas, 2020. Available at https://www.migalhas.com.br/dePeso/16,MI281226,71043-Seis+meses+da+reforma+trabalhista+na+pratica
- "Outsourcing and legal/constitutional aspects", Estadão, 2020. Available at https://politica.estadao.com.br/blogs/fausto-macedo/a-constitucionalidade-da-terceirizacao-e-a-seguranca-juridica/
- "The premium payment provided in the labor reform: parameters and real effectiveness", Estadão, 2019. Available at https://politica.estadao.com.br/blogs/fausto-macedo/o-premio-da-reforma-trabalhista-parametros-e-real-efetividade/ (co-author)
- "Employees with cancer trigger discussion between the superior labor court", Estadão, 2020. Available at https://politica.estadao.com.br/blogs/fausto-macedo/empregados-com-cancer-geram-discussao-no-tst/
- "Brazilian Employment Reform in Debate", published by LTr. (co-author)
- "Brazilian Employment Outlook", Bloomberg BNA nas edições de 2016, 2017 e 2018. Available at https://www.bloombergindustry.com/.
- "O assédio processual na Justiça do Trabalho", Revista do TRT, 2017. Available at https://juslaboris.tst.jus.br/handle/20.500.12178/170515?show=full (co-author)
- "The Brazilian Labor Reform", Bloomberg BNA, 2017.
- "Planos de saúde: o impasse entre as Justiças comum e do Trabalho", 2016 (co-author).Available at https://noticias.uol.com.br/opiniao/coluna/2016/11/06/planos-de-saude-o-impasse-entre-as-justicas-comum-e-do-trabalho.htm
Representative matters and clients
- Represents several multinational companies in different sectors, handling their employment needs in the Americas (every Latin American jurisdiction and Canada), as well as Europe.
- Performed a very complex comparative study for multinational companies in different sectors regarding the return to work post-pandemic, which involved over 30 countries all over the world.
- Represented a large airline company with the implementation of various legal measures to deal with the reduction in their business activities as a result of COVID-19, including collective negotiation, suspension of employment agreements and reduction of pay.
- Represented a large airline company in an unprecedented dispute before the Brazilian Superior Court regarding the cumulative payment of hazardous conditions of work allowance and dangerous conditions of work allowances. The case was of paramount importance for the client, as it affected it at a large scale. But, it is also worth noting that this discussion had been ongoing for many years and affected several other employers in Brazil across different industries.
- Represented a major global technology company before the labour court in a sensitive case involving outsourced content reviewers. The case was extremely relevant and sensitive for the client, but also because they may set a precedent for other similar cases that are often being discussed in national courts.
Reinstatement of employment measures to...
Executive Order no. 1,046 was issued today, reinstating employment related measures to deal with the public health emergency caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. It contains provisions of the former Executive Order no. 927 but with some relevant updates. The following measures, among others, may be adopted by Brazilian employers for up to 120 days: (i) […]
New Brazilian Emergency Program for Mai...
Executive Order no. 1,045 was issued today, implementing the New Emergency Program for Maintenance of Jobs and Income in Brazil. Such order contains additional employment related measures to face the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic, reinstating some of the provisions previously contained in Executive Order no. 936, which was converted into Law no. 14,020/20. The […]
Holiday advance in the city of São Paulo
As per the terms of Decree nº 60.131, issued today, the following holidays were advanced, in the city of São Paulo, from March 26 to April 1st: 2021 Corpus Christi, 2021 black conscious day, the anniversary of the city of São Paulo in 2022, 2022 Corpus Christi and 2022 black conscious day, as authorized by […]
Brazilian President sanctions law allow...
On March 10th, 2021 the Brazilian President sanctioned Law 14.125/2021, authorizing private companies to purchase COVID-19 vaccines approved by the health regulatory agency (ANVISA). All shots must be reverted to the public healthcare system while priority groups are being vaccinated. After that, companies will be able to purchase the vaccines for their own use (distributing […]