Leticia Ribeiro C. de Figueiredo joined the Firm in 1998, as a corporate trainee, and became partner in 2013. Until July 2003, she was primarily involved in M&A and Corporate Law, with experience in national and international M&A projects and corporate restructurings. From July 2003 on, she has been working exclusively in the Labor Law practice group.
She has a wide breadth of experience with strategic litigation cases and relevant consultancy in individual and collective matters (i.e. restructuring, equity pay, PDVs – voluntary resignation program, PLRs – participation in profits or results, alteration of compensation plans and benefits), including national and international projects. Additionally, she works with collective bargaining agreements.
Awards and Recognitions
Leticia has been recognized for her work in the Labor area by the main legal directories such as Latin Lawyer 250, The Legal 500, Leaders League and Análise Advocacia 500.
She graduated from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo with a degree in Law and specialized in Labor Law from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo. She also has an extension course in Corporate Law from Fundação Getúlio Vargas de São Paulo.
Author/co-author of several books/articles, such as:
– “The maintenance of jobs post COVID 19 pandemic”, Consultor Jurídico (Conjur), 2020. Available at https://www.conjur.com.br/2020-mai-02/leticia-ribeiro-manutencao-empregos-alem-pandemia.
– “Back to work after the quarantine”, Estadão, 2020. Available at https://politica.estadao.com.br/blogs/fausto-macedo/retomada-de-atividades-presenciais-apos-o-fim-da-quarentena/
– “Six months of the labor reform, in practice”, Migalhas, 2020. Available at https://www.migalhas.com.br/dePeso/16,MI281226,71043-Seis+meses+da+reforma+trabalhista+na+pratica
– “Outsourcing and legal/constitutional aspects”, Estadão, 2020. Available at https://politica.estadao.com.br/blogs/fausto-macedo/a-constitucionalidade-da-terceirizacao-e-a-seguranca-juridica/
– “The premium payment provided in the labor reform: parameters and real effectiveness”, Estadão, 2019. Available at https://politica.estadao.com.br/blogs/fausto-macedo/o-premio-da-reforma-trabalhista-parametros-e-real-efetividade/ (co-author)
– “Employees with cancer trigger discussion between the superior labor court”, Estadão, 2020. Available at https://politica.estadao.com.br/blogs/fausto-macedo/empregados-com-cancer-geram-discussao-no-tst/
– “Brazilian Employment Reform in Debate”, published by LTr. (co-author)
– “Brazilian Employment Outlook”, Bloomberg BNA nas edições de 2016, 2017 e 2018. Available at https://www.bloombergindustry.com/.
– “O assédio processual na Justiça do Trabalho”, Revista do TRT, 2017. Available at https://juslaboris.tst.jus.br/handle/20.500.12178/170515?show=full (co-author)
– “The Brazilian Labor Reform”, Bloomberg BNA, 2017.
– “Planos de saúde: o impasse entre as Justiças comum e do Trabalho”, 2016 (co-author).Available at https://noticias.uol.com.br/opiniao/coluna/2016/11/06/planos-de-saude-o-impasse-entre-as-justicas-comum-e-do-trabalho.htm
Representative matters and clients
– Represents several multinational companies in different sectors, handling their employment needs in the Americas (every Latin American jurisdiction and Canada), as well as Europe.
– Performed a very complex comparative study for multinational companies in different sectors regarding the return to work post-pandemic, which involved over 30 countries all over the world.
– Represented a large airline company with the implementation of various legal measures to deal with the reduction in their business activities as a result of COVID-19, including collective negotiation, suspension of employment agreements and reduction of pay.
– Represented a large airline company in an unprecedented dispute before the Brazilian Superior Court regarding the cumulative payment of hazardous conditions of work allowance and dangerous conditions of work allowances. The case was of paramount importance for the client, as it affected it at a large scale. But, it is also worth noting that this discussion had been ongoing for many years and affected several other employers in Brazil across different industries.
– Represented a major global technology company before the labour court in a sensitive case involving outsourced content reviewers. The case was extremely relevant and sensitive for the client, but also because they may set a precedent for other similar cases that are often being discussed in national courts.
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]
Brazil: e-Social is challenged in court
In brief Under the terms of the updated eSocial Manual and Executive Declaratory Act CORAT 13/2023, Employers are obliged to declare in the Federal Revenue Digital Bookkeeping System (“eSocial”) and DCTWFWeb final and unappealable Labor Court decisions as of October 1, 2023, with the consequent payment of social security contributions via Federal Revenue Collection Form […]
Gender Pay Equality Legislation: new Ordinance regulates aspects of Decree Nr. 11,795/2023
In brief On November 27, 2023, a new Ordinance (Nr. 3,714/2023) was published to regulate Decree Nr. 11,795/2023, outlining administrative procedures for the Ministry of Labor and Employment to act on the salary transparency mechanisms dealt by the Decree and by the new gender pay law (Law nr. 14,611/2023). In more detail The Ordinance sets […]
Government Decree Establishes Framework for Gender Pay Equality Legislation
In brief Decree 11,795/2023, published today (November 24, 2023), enforces the provisions of Law 14,611/2023 regarding equal pay and remuneration standards for women and men. Key provisions include (i) the mandatory Wage and Remuneration Criteria Transparency Report for companies with over 100 employees, and (ii) the implementation of an Action Plan to address gender-based pay […]
Recognition: The Legal 500 Latin America 2024
Once again, our Firm has been featured in The Legal 500, one of the leading international directories focusing on legal research, involving the participation of clients and important market players. In the 2024 edition, we were recognized in 26 categories and had 61 lawyers mentioned. We had a total of 84 individual recognitions, 25 of […]