Felipe Zaltman Saldanha joined the Firm in 2015 and became partner in 2022. He integrates the Intellectual Property and Information Technology practice group, with focus on in complex litigation, before state and federal courts in Brazil in these areas. Felipe has as vast experience advising clients in legal disputes involving patents, unfair competition, company secrecy, and brands. He also acts in strategic litigation of technology of information and data privacy.
Awards and Recognitions
Felipe has been recognized for his work in the field by major legal rankings such as LACCA Approved, The Legal 500 – Latin America and IP Stars.
Zaltman graduated from Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro with a law degree and obtained a master’s degree in civil law at Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro. He also possesses a master’s degree in law and economics from the European Masters (Universities of Rotterdam, Ghent and Bologna).
Author/co-author of several books/articles, such as:
- My name is for sale. Folha de São Paulo. February 2016.
- International Jurisdiction in Intellectual Property Matters: the right of access to justice guaranteed? Revista Eletrônica de Direito Processual – REDP. Volume 16. December 2015.
- The doctrine of exhaustion and the parallel importation of medicines: a brief analysis on the achievement of the access to health in Brazil. Revista Eletrônica do IBPI, v. 7, p. 80-142, 2012. Available at http://www.wogf4yv1u.homepage.t-online.de/media/aa8cf0930e9ba26ffff805dfffffff2.pdf
- The staying of a patent infringement lawsuit due to its connection with the dispute on the validity of the same patents in a different lawsuit. Revista do Curso de Especialização em Direito Processual Civil da EMERJ N. 1 – 2013. Available at http://www.emerj.tjrj.jus.br/paginas/rcursodeespecializacao_lato sensu/direito_processual_civil/edicoes/n1_2013/pdf/FelipeZaltman.pdf
Representative matters and clients
- Represented a client in the telecom industry in litigation of national relevance involving antennas.
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in a leading case involving the ANVISA’s prior approval of patent applications in the pharmaceutical area (Article 229-C, of Federal Law # 9.279/96)
- Represented major pharmaceutical company in a patent infringement and invalidity cases involving a blockbuster projects
- Represented different clients in strategic pre-litigation advice before the Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office in third party submission briefs and administrative invalidity requests in strategic patents in Brazil.
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]
Bill No. 130/2020 changes the Brazilian Traffic Code, provides penalties for application providers that fail to remove media related to traffic violations and creates monitoring obligation for infringing content
On February 2, 2022, the House of Representatives approved Bill No. 130/2020, that among its provisions prohibits the dissemination of photos or videos of serious traffic violations, of conducts that jeopardize individual or third parties’ safety in traffic or that constitute traffic crimes, as established in the Brazilian Traffic Code (Law No. 9.503/97). According to the […]