Flavia Rebello joined the Firm in 1999. She is a partner in the Intellectual Property, Technology and Data
Protection Team. Her practice includes data protection, licensing, sourcing and transactions, franchising and e-commerce and Internet.
She has a wide breadth of experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing agreements involving intellectual property, including supply of technology, trademark license, patent license, franchise, copyright license, software license and distribution, SaaS outsourcing.
She also has expertise in data protection and privacy issues, including implementation projects, review of policies, and data breaches. Legal advice in various aspects of e-commerce, Internet and social media.
She has worked as a foreign associate at Ablfs McKfnzif Dallas office.
Awards and Recognitions
Flavia has been recognized for her work by the main legal directories such as Latin Lawyer 250, Leaders League, LACCA Approved, Chambers Latin America, Who’s Who Legal, The Legal 500 and Análise Advocacia 500.
She graduated from Universidade de São Paulo with a degree in Law, and also holds a master’s degree (LLM) in International Law from University of Chicago Law School and a master’s degree in Economics and Finance Law from Universidade de São Paulo.
Activities outside the office
Flávia is co-head of the Technology Transfer, Licensing and Franchising Commission of ABPI (Brazilian Intellectual Property Association) and co-head of the Intellectual Property Committee of ABDTIC (Brazilian Association for Information Technology and Communications Law).
She is a frequent speaker in seminars and conferences:
– Curso de Profissionalização em Propriedade Industrial e Licença e Transmissão de Propriedade Industrial, presentation organized by Associação Brasileira dos Agentes da Propriedade Industrial (ABAPI), 2006;
– Como Proteger sua Obra e Usar Obras de Terceiros – 29a Semana da Comunicação da FAAP – Fundação Armando Álvares Penteado, 2006;
– Responsabilidade dos Sócios e Administradores pelas Obrigações Sociais, organized by JETRO-Câmara de Comércio Exterior Japonesa, 2003;
– Aspectos Relevantes de Propriedade Intelectual no Novo Código Civil, organized by Mission Desenvolvimento Profissional, 2003.
Author/co-author of several books/articles, such as:
– Brazilian Service Tax – ISS. Additional Tax Burden to Intellectual Property related Transactions (co-autoria), article published at Ablfs & McKfnzif Tax Newsletter, 2003;
– PLC E-Commerce Practice Manual, co-author in the elaboration of the following articles about Brazil: “Making Contracts Online”, “Security and Digital Signatures” e “Payment on the Internet”, 2002 (co-author);
– Manual de Medidas contra Contrafações de Direitos de Propriedade Intelectual,article published by Câmara de Comércio Exterior Japonesa, 2002 (co-author).
Portuguese and English
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]
Bill No. 130/2020 changes the Brazilian Traffic Code, provides penalties for application providers that fail to remove media related to traffic violations and creates monitoring obligation for infringing content
On February 2, 2022, the House of Representatives approved Bill No. 130/2020, that among its provisions prohibits the dissemination of photos or videos of serious traffic violations, of conducts that jeopardize individual or third parties’ safety in traffic or that constitute traffic crimes, as established in the Brazilian Traffic Code (Law No. 9.503/97). According to the […]
Bill No. 3227/20201, which intends to modify Internet content moderation rules, is sent to the National Congress
As reported in our last e-alert, on September 6, 2021, President Jair Bolsonaro signed Provisional Measure (“MP”) No. 1.068/2021, amending the Brazilian Internet Legal Framework, which regulates the use of the internet in Brazil. The MP was criticized by different sectors of society, who argued that it did not meet the applicable formal and material […]
Position marks available for registration in Brazil as of october 2021
After public consultation, the Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office (BPTO) issued Ordinance No. 37/2021, published in the Electronic Official Bulletin No. 2646, of September 21, 2021, authorizing the registration of position marks as of October 1, 2021. According to the BPTO’s definition in the ordinance, position marks eligible to registration are those formed by a “distinctive […]
Provisional Measure Intended to Modify Internet Content Moderation Rules
President Jair Bolsonaro signed Provisional Measure (“PM”) No. 1.068/2021 on 09/06/2021, amending the Brazilian Internet Legal Framework, which regulates the use of the internet in Brazil. The PM does not apply to messaging and mobile commerce apps, establishes “rights and guarantees” for users of social networks and defines rules for content moderation. The current general rule […]