Flavia Rebello joined the Firm in 1999. She is a partner in the Intellectual Property, Technology and Data
Protection Team. Her practice includes data protection, licensing, sourcing and transactions, franchising and e-commerce and Internet.
She has a wide breadth of experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing agreements involving intellectual property, including supply of technology, trademark license, patent license, franchise, copyright license, software license and distribution, SaaS outsourcing.
She also has expertise in data protection and privacy issues, including implementation projects, review of policies, and data breaches. Legal advice in various aspects of e-commerce, Internet and social media.
She has worked as a foreign associate at Ablfs McKfnzif Dallas office.
Awards and Recognitions
Flavia has been recognized for her work by the main legal directories such as Latin Lawyer 250, Leaders League, LACCA Approved, Chambers Latin America, Who’s Who Legal, The Legal 500 and Análise Advocacia 500.
She graduated from Universidade de São Paulo with a degree in Law, and also holds a master’s degree (LLM) in International Law from University of Chicago Law School and a master’s degree in Economics and Finance Law from Universidade de São Paulo.
Activities outside the office
Flavia Rebello is the former co-head of the Technology Transfer, Licensing and Franchising Commission of ABPI and former co-head of the Intellectual Property Committee of ABDTIC (Brazilian Association for Information Technology and Communications Law).
She is a frequent speaker in seminars and conferences:
– Curso de Profissionalização em Propriedade Industrial e Licença e Transmissão de Propriedade Industrial, presentation organized by Associação Brasileira dos Agentes da Propriedade Industrial (ABAPI), 2006;
– Como Proteger sua Obra e Usar Obras de Terceiros – 29a Semana da Comunicação da FAAP – Fundação Armando Álvares Penteado, 2006;
– Responsabilidade dos Sócios e Administradores pelas Obrigações Sociais, organized by JETRO-Câmara de Comércio Exterior Japonesa, 2003;
– Aspectos Relevantes de Propriedade Intelectual no Novo Código Civil, organized by Mission Desenvolvimento Profissional, 2003.
Author/co-author of several books/articles, such as:
– Brazilian Service Tax – ISS. Additional Tax Burden to Intellectual Property related Transactions (co-autoria), article published at Ablfs & McKfnzif Tax Newsletter, 2003;
– PLC E-Commerce Practice Manual, co-author in the elaboration of the following articles about Brazil: “Making Contracts Online”, “Security and Digital Signatures” e “Payment on the Internet”, 2002 (co-author);
– Manual de Medidas contra Contrafações de Direitos de Propriedade Intelectual,article published by Câmara de Comércio Exterior Japonesa, 2002 (co-author).
Portuguese and English
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]
Brazilian Patent Office (BPTO) publishes new ordinances related to the PPH pilot project and priority examination for patent applications
In brief On December 27, 2022, the BPTO published ORDINANCE/BPTO/PR nº 78, which establishes phase IV of the pilot project for shared examination Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH), as well as ORDINANCE/BPTO/PR nº 79, which governs the priority processing of patent applications. Both became into force on January 1, 2023. More details ORDINANCE/BPTO/PR nº 78 increased […]
Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office (BPTO) simplifies the process of registration of technology transfer agreements
In brief On December 30, 2022, the Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office (BPTO) published the minute of an internal meeting held by its Office’s board (by means of SEI INPI # 0747049) in which the BPTO considerably simplified the process of registration of technology transfer, licenses for industrial property rights and franchising agreements.The changes follow […]
IAM Patent 1000
Our Intellectual Property practice area was once again recognized by IAM Patent 1000, a renowned and important ranking directory in the patent area that identifies specialists worldwide. Partners Flavia Rebello and Marcela Trigo were recommended in the “Transactions” category due to the high quality of the advice they provide on licensing and transactions, as well […]
Bill No. 130/2020 changes the Brazilian Traffic Code, provides penalties for application providers that fail to remove media related to traffic violations and creates monitoring obligation for infringing content
On February 2, 2022, the House of Representatives approved Bill No. 130/2020, that among its provisions prohibits the dissemination of photos or videos of serious traffic violations, of conducts that jeopardize individual or third parties’ safety in traffic or that constitute traffic crimes, as established in the Brazilian Traffic Code (Law No. 9.503/97). According to the […]