Flavia Rebello joined the Firm in 1999. She is a partner in the Intellectual Property, Technology and Data
Protection Team. Her practice includes data protection, licensing, sourcing and transactions, franchising and e-commerce and Internet.
She has a wide breadth of experience in drafting, negotiating and reviewing agreements involving intellectual property, including supply of technology, trademark license, patent license, franchise, copyright license, software license and distribution, SaaS outsourcing.
She also has expertise in data protection and privacy issues, including implementation projects, review of policies, and data breaches. Legal advice in various aspects of e-commerce, Internet and social media.
She has worked as a foreign associate at Ablfs McKfnzif Dallas office.
Awards and Recognitions
Flavia has been recognized for her work by the main legal directories such as Latin Lawyer 250, Leaders League, LACCA Approved, Chambers Latin America, Who’s Who Legal, The Legal 500 and Análise Advocacia 500.
She graduated from Universidade de São Paulo with a degree in Law, and also holds a master’s degree (LLM) in International Law from University of Chicago Law School and a master’s degree in Economics and Finance Law from Universidade de São Paulo.
Activities outside the office
Flavia Rebello is the former co-head of the Technology Transfer, Licensing and Franchising Commission of ABPI and former co-head of the Intellectual Property Committee of ABDTIC (Brazilian Association for Information Technology and Communications Law).
She is a frequent speaker in seminars and conferences:
– Curso de Profissionalização em Propriedade Industrial e Licença e Transmissão de Propriedade Industrial, presentation organized by Associação Brasileira dos Agentes da Propriedade Industrial (ABAPI), 2006;
– Como Proteger sua Obra e Usar Obras de Terceiros – 29a Semana da Comunicação da FAAP – Fundação Armando Álvares Penteado, 2006;
– Responsabilidade dos Sócios e Administradores pelas Obrigações Sociais, organized by JETRO-Câmara de Comércio Exterior Japonesa, 2003;
– Aspectos Relevantes de Propriedade Intelectual no Novo Código Civil, organized by Mission Desenvolvimento Profissional, 2003.
Author/co-author of several books/articles, such as:
– Brazilian Service Tax – ISS. Additional Tax Burden to Intellectual Property related Transactions (co-autoria), article published at Ablfs & McKfnzif Tax Newsletter, 2003;
– PLC E-Commerce Practice Manual, co-author in the elaboration of the following articles about Brazil: “Making Contracts Online”, “Security and Digital Signatures” e “Payment on the Internet”, 2002 (co-author);
– Manual de Medidas contra Contrafações de Direitos de Propriedade Intelectual,article published by Câmara de Comércio Exterior Japonesa, 2002 (co-author).
Portuguese and English
Trench Rossi Watanabe is awarded the CESA Gender Equality Seal
Trench Rossi Watanabe has received the CESA Gender Equity Seal in the highest category entitled “Highlight”. This award recognizes law firms that have solid Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, taking into consideration several fronts, such as internal commitment, strategic planning, communication and participation rate. With a female majority in leadership for years, this recognition reinforces […]
Recognition: The Legal 500 Latin America 2024
Once again, our Firm has been featured in The Legal 500, one of the leading international directories focusing on legal research, involving the participation of clients and important market players. In the 2024 edition, we were recognized in 26 categories and had 61 lawyers mentioned. We had a total of 84 individual recognitions, 25 of […]
Brazilian Data Protection Authority (ANPD) launches Preliminary Study on Legitimate Interest for public consultation
In brief The Brazilian Data Protection Authority (ANPD) made available on August 16, 2023 (Wednesday), through this link, a public consultation regarding the Preliminary Study on the personal data processing legal basis of legitimate interest. Such consultation will be open for 30 days on the Participa Mais Brasil platform (between August 16 and September 15). In […]
Brazilian Data Protection Authority launches public consultation on regulation of international transfers of personal data
In brief On August 15, 2023 (Tuesday), the Brazilian Data Protection Authority (ANPD) launched a public consultation on the regulation of international transfer of personal data, which will be available for 30 days on the Participa Mais Brasil platform, on this link (between August 15 and September 14). In more detail The draft under public consultation sets […]
First sanction for non-compliance with the General Data Protection Law (LGPD) is issued by the Brazilian Data Protection Authority
In brief On July 6th, the Brazilian National Data Protection Authority (ANPD) issued its first sanction for non-compliance with the Brazilian General Data Protection Law (LGPD). The ANPD’s General Supervision Coordination (CGF/ANPD) determined the penalties in conclusion to the administrative sanctioning process against a small business entity (microempresa – “Company”), due to violation of articles 7 […]