Corporate reorganizations include:
– Packaging businesses prior to a disposal or IPO
– Post-acquisition integrations between the acquired companies and the buyer’s group of companies
– Holding company structures
– Recapitalization or refinancing related restructurings
– Redomiciliations and other reorganizations for tax efficiency purposes
– Accessing cash locked up in certain subsidiaries
– Corporate clean-ups and group simplifications
Whether driven by expansion or business disposal demand, regulatory or tax issues, or related to transactional activity, we have a practice devoted to provide sound and commercial advice for domestic solvent reorganizations involving private or listed companies, and to coordinate planning and execution in other jurisdictions as well.
The success of a reorganization relies on planning and execution not only from a corporate and commercial standpoints, but also from a labor and employment standpoints, as well as on optimizing tax efficiencies and minimizing tax inefficiencies. Often times it requires planning and execution taking into account regulatory, intellectual property and industry-specific issues. Because of that, our reorganizations group comprises experienced practitioners mainly from our corporate, employment and tax practices, each focused on specific industries, to make sure that we can deliver better value with less business risk.